I've made mistakes
My mind flows with what I should have said
what I should have done
what I shouldn't of bothered with
My past hurts
Demons dwell within me that won't completely let go of
the pain
the heartbreak
the sadness
the tears
the anger
the dread of the shards of my jaded past
Sometimes I just want give in
give in to the loneliness
give into the sorrow
give into the madness
give into the darkness
Sometimes I want to give up
give up hope
give up love
give up happiness
give up trying
give up life
The past hurts
like a dagger plunging through my heart
like crash landing onto shards of glass
But, I refuse to give in
I refuse to give up
I refuse to let go
I refuse to surrender
I will fight until the day I die
As much as the past hurts, I will not surrender to the darkness
Because even in the thickest darkness
there will always be a light at the end
It may be hard to find at times
but it is there
even in the darkest places
--------------------------------------
I've been thinking a lot about the past. Sure, there is a lot of pain but I refuse to give up because no matter what, I know everything will be okay.
This is awesome.
ReplyDeleteRock on!